- HIIT instead of running at a consistent pace- Interval training (such as walking alternated with jogging/jogging with sprining) is proven to burn more fat than doing cardio oriented exercise for the same amount of time at a steady pace
- Rowing instead of Running-Yes! Rowing is the ultimate cardio, fat burning, and muscle building workout. Jump on that rowing machine!
- Elliptical or Bike instead of Treadmill- Utilizes the use of a wider variety of leg muscle fibers. Keep the intensity high though!
- Supersetting or Circuits instead of typical lifting, rest, lifting- Gives the the benefit of extra fat burn by keeping your heart rate high as you lift, thus giving you a cardiovascular workout completed in a faster time. You should be sweating like crazy when you’re done.
- Running on an Incline instead of flat- Talk about burning! This will burn up your legs and your body fat both.
- Lift heavier weight and less reps instead of low weight high rep- science has proven this over and over again in recent experiments. AS LONG AS YOUR FORM IS SOLID!
- Work to failure or do forced reps with a spotter
Got this from personal experience, also from “Eat this, Not That,” a fantastic book!